- About Us
- Medical Procedures
- Health & Wellness
- Contact Us
The need for dental treatment is the single greatest reason that people turn to medical tourism. Top travel writer Peter Greenberg recently recommended dentistry as one of the top 10 reasons to go abroad for treatment.
The Popularity of Dental Treatments Abroad
Why is international dentistry so popular? The reasons are simple:
- Savings. The single greatest reason is cost. Many individuals don’t have dental insurance, and the costs of today’s more sophisticated dental procedures have grown significantly. Going abroad for treatment can provide the opportunity to save anywhere from one quarter to two thirds of the cost of dental procedures in the U.S.
- High quality. While costs are low, many countries offer the services of dentists who are board-certified and trained in Western dental practices.
- Vacation opportunities. Most dental procedures won’t interfere with the opportunity for sightseeing and enjoying a short vacation in the destination country. No long recuperative stays or travel difficulties face the typical dental patient.
Selecting Israel for Your Dental Care
Today, Israel is becoming a common destination for patients seeking dental care. The appeal of Israel is based on the same standards that make dental tourism so popular:
- Savings. In Israel, the average cost of dental implants is $1,000 - $1,500, while U.S. costs run $3,000 - $4,000 – a savings of over 60%! A porcelain crown costs about $600 in Israel; U.S. costs run closer to $2,000. And the popular all-on-4 implant procedure (see below) costs less than half of what the procedure would run in the States, at around $13,000.
- High quality. Israel has long enjoyed an international reputation for cutting-edge medical treatments. The same standards are held for its dental specialists. Using state-of-the-art equipment, dentists provide a comprehensive array of dental services, performed to Western standards of care. Dental materials used are identical to those used throughout North America.
- Vacation opportunities. Israel is an ideal country in which to enjoy a short vacation, combined with dental treatments. The country is small in size, providing the opportunity to take in many sights in a short amount of time. No other country can offer a visitor such an abundance of culture, history, and natural beauty.
Dental Treatments Provided
Israeli dentists offer a full range of dental procedures, ranging from simple tooth extractions to complex oral reconstructive surgery. Following are a few of the many dental treatment options available:
|Laser teeth whitening||Porcelain veneers|
|Dental implants||Bone grafts and regeneration|
|Gingivectomy||Full and partial dentures|
|Jaw cyst treatments||Apicoectomy (partial root removal)|
|Tooth extractions||Cleft lip repair|
Only a few dental treatments, such as braces, are not recommended for the medical tourist, due to the need for repeated visits for adjustments. The most common dental treatments sought by medical tourists include dental implants, crowns, bridges, and full mouth restorations.
A popular implant procedure is the all-on-4 implant, an advanced technique that utilizes only four implants to replace an entire jaw’s teeth, rather than the traditional 8 – 10 implants. The newer procedure also eliminates the need for invasive bone grafting and sinus lifts.
For an unbeatable combination of cost savings, high-quality care, and enjoyable relaxation time, consider Israel as the destination for your next dental visit. Contact us today for further information on treatments and prices.